Full Service vs. Cash on Delivery
You may be wondering how full service dealers and cash on delivery discount dealers compare. The differences are significant and a decision to choose one over the other needs careful consideration.
Full Service Dealers
- Premium heating oil & tank insurance
- Automatic oil delivery with credit terms
- 24-Hour emergency service
- Guaranteed oil supply
- Budget programs & credit card payments
- Maintenance & service agreements
- Sales, service & installation of all heating, cooling, hot water & air purification systems
- Extensive stock of parts and equipment
- Fleet of delivery trucks and service/installation vehicles
- On-site sheet metal shop & fabricators
- Active compliance & safety programs
- Fully licensed & insured
- No subcontractors
- Price per gallon is a few cents higher than discounters
Cash On Delivery (COD)
- It’s cheap oil.
- There is no contractual obligation.
- Just oil, no additives
- You have to be home at the time of delivery to pay the driver.
- Limited operations and delivery vehicles
- Often consist of 1-2 employees
- No service or limited service often subcontracted and impersonal
- No technical or live operator service when you need it
- Inadequate insurance coverage